Tyler Perry debuts blockbuster hit

From homelessness to multi-millionaire, 35-year-old playwright, director, producer and actor Tyler Perry is truly on the road down Success Avenue!

Within the span of only six years, he went from being “out on the streets” to “selling out” theaters wherever he goes. This New Orleans native has had a stellar decade and is showing no signs of letting up any time soon.Tyler Perry’s “Diary of A Mad Black Woman,” a Lion Gates Film, caused a lot of controversy, and many movie critics gave it a poor score of 1½ stars.

Nevertheless, the general public thought it was a huge success, bringing in over 49 million dollars thus far, according to reports.Helen McCarter (Kimberly Elise) seemingly had the perfect fairytale life with husband Charles McCarter (Steve Harris).

Over the years, Helen has been a faithful and loving wife, while Charles built a successful and lucrative career as a prominent Atlanta attorney. They wear the latest fashions, drive the nicest cars, and live in an extravagant mansion, with a swimming pool, tennis court – a little piece of paradise away from the city. Helen thinks they have all the possessions they would ever need.

However, on the their 18th wedding anniversary, Helen’s paradise begins to crumble right before her eyes, as Charles announces that he wants a divorce. He viciously and physically tosses Helen out of the mansion to make room for the other woman. With all of her possessions packed in a moving van, Helen is forced to start her journey to try and pull the pieces of her life back together.

Through the assistance of her friends, family, faith, and a twist of fate, Helen finds the strength and empowerment she needs to get control of her circumstances. She also finds that the tragic events of her life soon become comic, especially with the guidance and help – mostly unsolicited, by the way – of her outspoken, gun-toting, and much beloved grandmother figure Madea (Tyler Perry).

Open your heart and mind to this very funny, intriguing, captivating, and moving picture from Tyler Perry. This movie is about real life and it shows us how God’s love can get us through anything. It is a very moving and funny motion picture, leaving you with tears of joy and pain at the same time.