Probate 2005: worth the wait

After a long awaited year, many students at Dillard University finally got what they wanted- a Probate Show. On March 19, 84 students unmasked themselves and revealed a secret they tried so hard to keep. With the lines wrapped around the outside of Dent Hall, students anxiously waited for the doors to be opened so they could grab a good seat. Tickets went on sale for two days, however, they sold out before the end of the second day. "I had my ticket the moment they opened the cashiers window but when I looked again the line was wrapped around the corner," said Kristen Clark, a sophomore mass communication major from New Orleans.Five of the nine sororities and fraternities participated, including Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho, Sorority Inc., and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Students enjoyed the different performances and vigorously cheered as their fellow classmates and friends unmasked themselves and shouted in exhilaration. "I was so surprised when I saw my friend Joe take off his mask, he truly shocked me," said Candace Bennett a junior mass communication major from Shreveport, La. This year’s probate show was a huge success and many students anticipate the next show. Danielle King, a junior business management major from Houston, Texas said, "Dillard doesn’t have a lot of activities for students so the Probate Show is really a big thing.""It was truly a feeling of relief, joy and accomplishment all in one; I really didn’t know what was going to happen next," said Jacquel Cockerham a junior mass communication major from New Orleans and also a newly initiated member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.Dillard University’s Probate Show is one of the biggest events here and with the students, parents and guests continued support, this event and University will go very far.