Spring brings in new technology

There are some new entertainment systems and software such as Sony’s Playstation 3, Nintendo’s Wii, and Windows Vista that people can enjoy this spring. The Playstaion 3, a video entertainment game system, differs from the previous two playstations in many ways. One, because it has a blu-ray disc built in where people can play games, watch dvds, and listen to music.

According to www.us.playstation.com, there is an “always on” online feature that includes multi-player gaming, text and video messaging, voice chatting, downloading content and browsing the internet. There are some students that think the new PS3 is more than just a game system. “The PS3 is like a computer, it has the best graphics and people can search throughout the internet,” says Darius Coleman, a junior mass communications major from New Orleans, La.

Another video entertainment system that the whole family can enjoy is Nintendo’s Wii. The Wii is designed around a menu of channels that people can choose from, which includes a photo, game-playing, online shopping and a weather channel. The Wii’s main feature is it’s tv-shaped remote controller which allows people to make hand movements for physically active games such as tennis and racing rather than just fingers.

Some people think that this system will extend Nintendo’s tradition of family oriented games.” This system has good quality and it is something adults can enjoy with their children,” says Desiree Riggins, a product specialist from Circuit City.

Windows Vista is the new software that was released to give Windows a new image. Vista has many features, but three of the most significant features are the graphical interface, and the new creations, such as, a DVD maker and new games. The new graphical interface is three-dimensional and includes new animated characters that give the interface a cleaner image. According to www.en.wikipedia.org, people can make their own movies on Vista’s DVD maker, and there are new games such as Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans and Purple Place. There are some people that think that Vista offers better features than Windows. “Vista has better quality and faster access to the internet where people can find and send information more quickly,” says Rhonda Anderson, an electronic sales associate from Wal-Mart.

All of these new entertainment systems and software can be found at most appliance stores.