The Lady Bleu Devils Continue to Stay Hot in 2024

J’Brionne Helaire

Coming off back-to-back dominant conference wins, the Lady Bleu Devils defeat the Lady
Tornadoes of Talladega College, 55-38 to win their third straight game and sixth in the last nine
games.

After a slow start to the game, with Talladega scoring quickly, the Bleu Devils picked it up late
in the quarter thanks to Cassidy Lowe leading the way with 3 points, 3 rebounds, and a block to
give Dillard a 11-8 lead heading into the second quarter.

Talladega responded with 11 points in the second quarter, however ferocious press defense by
the Lady Bleu Devils and three point shooting from Erika Diaz and Sequoia Emmanuel was too
much for the Lady Tornadoes to handle. By halftime the Lady Bleu Devils held on to a 7 point
lead, 26-19 at the half.

The second half continued to be all Lady Bleu Devils as Dillard would force seven Talladega
turnovers in a 14-10 run to finish in the third quarter, and take a 40-29 lead into the final quarter.

By the time the fourth quarter rolled around, the energy and atmosphere of the battlefield was on
fire as everyone could feel a Lady Bleu Devils’ victory coming. Dillard outscored Talladega 15-9
in the final period thanks to four more turnovers from the Lady Tornadoes along with Lowe and
Diaz led both teams in scoring for the quarter with 5 points each. The Lady Bleu Devils
defeat Talladega to go to 9-4 in conference play and 10-10 overall on the season, while
Talladega will fall to 6-14 on the season and 3-7 in conference play.

The Lady Bleu Devils will be in action again on Thursday, February 1st at 5:30 pm in Holly
Springs, Mississippi as they go on the road to face the Lady Bearcats of Rust College in their
first game of a three game road trip.