Guess Who: A great movie for comedy lovers

For comedy enthusiast who enjoy simple humor and for the couples who enjoy real life love stories, this movie is for you. Guess Who boldly discusses issues that arise at the idea of interracial relationships, in a comedic way.

This movie will reach out to people with its underlying message of how the world has changed and how people have put aside racial differences when it comes to love. Guess Who is directed by Kevin Rodney Sullivan (Barbershop 2, How Stella Got Her Groove Back) and has an amazing cast with Ashton Kutcher, Bernie Mac, Zoe Saldana, Sherri Shepherd, and Jessica Cauffiel.

The screenwriters (David Ronn, Jay Scherick, and Peter Tolan) did a wonderful job of including racial humor without putting in the ghetto stereotypes.The one hour and thirty minute comedy is about a successful loan officer played by Bernie Mac who is planning on renewing his vows to his wife of 25 years.

For that special occasion, the oldest daughter played by Zoe Saldana, is visiting from New York with her boyfriend played by Ashton Kutcher. The plot is introduced when Saldana neglects to tell her family that her boyfriend is white. Kutcher’s character fails to tell anyone that he quit his broker job and Bernie Mac’s character fights with the issue of love for both his wife and his older daughter. Guess Who was inspired by the 1967 movie, Guess who’s Coming to Dinner.