Super Excited about the Super Bowl!!!!

Sunday night will become a night of excitement, celebration, intensity and anticipation when the National Football Conference champions and American Football Conference champions go head to head in the super bowl. As Miami hosts Super bowl XLI (forty-one), the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts have both make big comebacks for the chance to say, “I’m going to Disneyworld!” The Bears, with a 15-3 winning streak, are back for the first time since winning Super Bowl XX (ten) in 1986. Standing with 15 wins and four loses, the Colts will show their faces for the first time since the franchise, then located in Baltimore, won Super Bowl V (five). The teams coaches, Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy, make first impressions also as the two are the first African-American head coaches to reach the Super Bowl. While the teams prepare to give all they can on the field, fans also extend their hands to yell, cheer and support the team of their choice. Still fascinated about the Bears win over the New Orleans Saints, many Dillard University students would not be surprised if they win the championship overall. “Who dat? Who beat the Saints,” said Ashley Dallas, a sophomore business major from Chicago, Ill. “The Bears did! We made it once again and now we’re going to Miami to finish it off.” Though many Bears fans look forward to bringing the trophy home, Colts fans view a different picture. With the golden touch of the Colt’s quarterback, some assume that the Colts will definitely win. “We deserve it. The Colts haven’t been to the Super Bowl since 1970 plus we have eight Pro Bowl players,” said Amber Boyd, a mass communications from Indianapolis, Ind. Other football team fans said they have decided to celebrate what’s left of the season although their favorite teams did not make it this far. Atlanta Falcons fan, Chalon Lockett, has faced the fact that Michael Vick will not be apart of such an event year. “The Saints and the Falcons were two teams that I wanted to see make it to the Super bowl but since they didn’t, I’ll root for the Bears along with my friends,” said Lockett.”Even the mentioning of the Bears makes me nauseous,” said Marchean Crenshaw, a graduating senior from Los Angeles, Calif. “I don’t think they’re ready to take on Peyton Manning.” The Super Bowl will air on CBS on Sunday, February 4, 2007. Kickoff begins at 6 p.m. eastern time.